Saturday, July 25, 2009

Harry Potter 6 and my half-blood thoughts... =)

Time simply flew sooo fast that after two years, it's another Harry Potter sequel. This time it's the second to the last installment of the adaptation of a JK Rowling bestseller novel. It's been months since I last watched a movie in the big screen -- in a movie house. I passed out on last week's invites from two of my friends cause of two reasons: a storm last week here in Manila and a movie time of 9:50pm of a Sunday [sheesh...dont wanna look sleepyhead on Mondays]. So luckily, I had an officemate-slash-toothbrush buddy tagged along to watch it with me [ok, the toothbrush buddy i'll explain sometime soon =)]. Let's name her Jinky [haha^_^]. So Jinky and I went to G4 [short for Glorietta 4 Mall -- just nearby my workplace] and got the 2nd to the last airing time.


Well, without a doubt, two thumbs up for the special effects and cinematography...They never disappointed us in that aspect...Plus, in every sequel, the characters have really all grown up...They all matured physically except for Daniel Radcliffe's [Harry Potter] height [haha^_^]...And in every sequel, there is always the issue of complaints that certain important parts in the book were not given justice or shown in the movie...I guess that's the disappointing fact when movies are made from book adaptations...A two to three hour film compresses the quality in a many-paged book...But still, Harry Potter sequels amaze the viewing public, no wonder they always top the movie charts every time...The highlight for me was actually the last part of the movie where they were mourning for a character's death [ok, i won't spill out here who that is -- not to spoil the excitement for those who haven't watched it yet]...In my opinion, it was just an "ok" movie for me compared to their previous sequels of H.P...
But in the entire movie, there was one thing that caught my attention and made me glued to the big screen...I therefore conclude, she's my girl crush...haha...


Harry Potter 6 simply ended just like that...and I hope that the last sequel should be sooo awesome, that it's leaves an indelible mark in the movie industry...which will be around 2011 or 2012???=)



No comments: